||Belleville DDA Commercial Building
Façade Improvement Program
The Belleville DDA launched the Façade Improvement Program in 2009, to promote building enhancements in the Downtown District, and to provide financial support for business property owners to improve their buildings. Currently, DDA funding for approved projects would be a 50% grant plus a 50% zero interest loan, with a maximum DDA amount of $10,000 (up to $5000 grant and $5000 loan). Approved applications would have one year from their approval date to complete their project.
If interested in applying for funding to improve your building, contact the DDA office for more information. Call the City Manager, David Robinson at phone 734-697-9323 x 7002 or email at [email protected].
Facade Improvement Program Documents:
In order to be eligible to participate in this program an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must be the commercial property owner or the owner of property that is used by a recognized non-profit organization in the DDA district; and
- Applicant must be current on all real and personal property tax obligations; and
- Applicant must be current on all obligations to the city (water bill, etc).
The program provides financial assistance to qualified and approved applicants one time only.
Eligible enhancement projects must be in the DDA District, shall be limited to the following improvements, and must be consistent with the Belleville DDA Design Guidelines and the City of Belleville Downtown Overlay District, and all applicable laws, administrative codes and ordinances.
- Exterior renovations to the façade of a commercial building.
- Historical exterior restoration of a commercial building.
- Brickwork consistent with the Belleville DDA Design Guidelines and City of Belleville Central Business District Clearzoning Ordinance.
- Storefront and rear entry improvements, including ADA improvements.
- Addition or enhancement of landscaping may be considered only in conjunction with other façade improvements.
- Exterior painting and cleaning of bricks may be considered only in conjunction with other façade improvements.
- Other items which may be eligible if they are improvements, not simply replacement for maintenance purposes include:
--- Cornices, eaves, parapets, windows and doors, lighting, awnings, etc.
--- Other similar improvements that may be necessary to improve the appearance of a building façade exterior may be approved by the Belleville DDA.