Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

BAM Logo

Hours of Operation:

Tuesdays: Noon - 4p
Thursdays: 1 - 7p
Saturdays: 10a - 4p
Free Admission ($5 Suggested Donation)

Museum Currator: Mary Utz 
[email protected]

The Belleville Area Museum first opened at the Old Quirk School in 1989, featuring small-scale replicas of historical buildings which once stood in Belleville, Sumpter, and Van Buren Townships. In 1995, with Quirk School slated for demolition, Van Buren Township offered the use of its Old Township Hall, built in 1875, as the new site of the Museum.

Van Buren Township undertook a major restoration of the Old Hall and in cooperation with Sumpter Township and the City of Belleville agreed to a tricommunity arrangement to jointly fund the Museum program. The Belleville Area Museum preserves and promotes the history of the tricommunity area through the preservation and exhibit of historical artifacts and the presentation of historical programs and events