Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility


The Department of Public Services repairs, maintains and installs water and sewer mains, valves, and connections.  DPS also supervises and participates in the construction, maintenance and repair of storm and sanitary sewers, and catch basins and manholes.  DPS staff can also answer your questions and provide assistance.

If you feel you have a sewer related problem, please contact DPS.  A staff member can come to your residence and determine whether the problem is in your sewer line or the City's sewer main.  If you notice the issue on a holiday or weekend, call the City's Police non-emergency Dispatch line at 734-699-2395 and they will communicate with DPS.

If you feel you have a water leak, stop by the Treasurer's Office and pick up a toilet tank kit for free.  Follow the directions to tell whether you need to call us or a plumber.

If you have concerns about your water bill, want to check the account balance, change your billing address, or want to set up a payment plan, please contact the Account Clerk.  You can also check your balance or pay your bill online anytime by using this link.


The City secures its water supply from the Great Lakes Water Authority (GLWA).  Water and sewer rates are set directly by GLWA and approved by City Council.  Rates and fees are as follows:

Water commodity rate = $6.13 per 1,000 gallons
Sewer rate = $6.60 per 1,000 gallons
Fixed monthly charge = $13.84

Your water bill reflects what your household uses each month, based on meter readings.  Note: Every household pays the fixed monthly fee regardless of usage.

Water Bill Assistance from
Wayne Metro Community Action Agency
Offering assistance reducing water bills
and paying past due balances

Click Here for information on the Water Residential Assistance Program (WRAP)

Click here for information on the Low Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIWRAP)